In this tutorial i am going to share Bootloader unlock method for LG, If you are looking for bootloader unlock on LG you should follow this tutorial to learn about it.
Warning! You loose phone Warranty after root / bootloader unlock.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try custom ROM on your device, it is not possible to load the custom ROM without Unlocking Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM.
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG V10
- You will Loose phone warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Charge your phone battery up to 80%
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone on SD Card or in your Computer.
- Follow the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
- Download Minimal ADB package from this page.
STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG V10
- Enable Developer Option to Enable Developer Options, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number 7 Times until you see a message “Developer option enabled“
- Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock
- Extract Minimal ADB package on your computer
- Turn your phone off and Boot your phone into Bootloader by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Simultaneously until you see a fastboot/bootloader
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB Minimal Package
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click on empty area of Minimal ADB folder.
- Now type the command in your command window
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If you are on Windows 10 then you might get error ” command not recognized ” as screenshot below. Then you first need to type cmd and hit enter to enter in to CMD.
- If your phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off your phone
fastboot oem unlock
- You have unlocked Bootloader on LG V10
- Now you can reboot your phone by entering the command
- Click Enter and That’s it !