ADB and Fastboot are arguably two of the most indispensable tools used when working with Android devices. If you really want to modify, debug, and tweak along with their countless uses in rooting, and other procedures ADB and Fastboot are a must for any Android device owner.
Typically if you want to install ADB and Fastboot you have to download and setup the Android SDK (If you really want to learn about Android Development I highly recommend downloading and installing the full Android SDK from here), but this can be unnecessary for people who just want to install ADB and Fastboot.
To make this simple i am going to share a windows installer that will install the latest version of ADB and Fastboot for you quickly and easily. The total installation of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is around 2 MB in size (Compared to the 90+ MB size of the Android SDK Tools, and 425+ MB size of the complete Android SDK) making it very lightweight. Thanks to shimp208 for making this very useful tool more simple for us.
Minimal ADB and Fastboot Screenshots:
Version and Features
- Easily Install ADB and Fastboot with a simple to use installer
- Lightweight, total installation around 2 MB in size
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot [1-6-17]
How to Install
- Your device is plugged into your computer
- You have USB Debugging enabled under Developer Options (Note: This may be listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM’s)
- You have installed the necessary drivers and your computer is recognizing your device
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup.exe from here
- Follow the Installers instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too (For simplicity I choose to install it to the Desktop)
- After you have chosen where to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too select whether you would like to create a Start Menu Folder or not for the instalation
- Once you have chosen where to install it to and if you want to create a Start Menu Folder select the install option
- After the Installation Wizard has completed you can select to start Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- You can also start Minimal ADB and Fastboot by navigating to the Start Menu Folder you choose to create during installation or the desktop shortcut you choose to create and selecting Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device