How to Flash LG KDZ file Greater Then 1GB Offline 100 % Tested 2014 Solution Method : Download the appropriate firmware file (link above) depending on the model number of your LG G2 and extract the ZIP (if applicable). Download and install LG USB Drivers on your computer: Download Make sure you phone has at least 70% battery charged.
Enable USB Debugging on your device from Settings> Developers options. See detailed guide here. Download LG R&D Flash Tool and other files: LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.zip (Mirror Link) Extract the ZIP file and open the unzipped folder. It contains all necessary tools and files. Also download this ZIP and extract it: LGMOBILEAX.zip (Mirror Link)
Now open LGMOBILEAX folder and copy its contents in C:ProgramDataLGMOBILEAX on your computer. The path should be as shown in the picture below. If you get “Update R&D Tool” error later, delete the contents of C:ProgramDataLGMOBILEAX folderand copy the new files to this folder from LGMOBILEAX you downloaded at Step 7.
- Go to C:Windows/System32/drivers/etc folder.
- Now right click the hosts file and open it with WordPad or NotePad++ (I used the latter).
- Now add the following line at the end of the document: 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
- Save the changes and close the hosts file. If you are unable to edit the hosts file, do this: go to Notepad or Notepad++ program and open it as administrator on your computer, navigate to the hosts file, add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com at the end and save the changes.
- Open LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix folder and install the msxml.exe file.
- Then open shttps folder and run http.
- Now start Windows Enabler and turn it on (system tray).
- Then launch UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.
- Now boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, turn off the phone, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.
- As soon as your device get connected successfully LG R&D Test Tool will launch.
- Now click the folder icon at Select kdz file option and add the downloaded stock firmware with .KDZ extension.
- Then click the Normal web upgrade test button.
- You’ll see a new Read Phone Information popup window.
- Now click the Start Upgrade button.
- Just wait for a few seconds till you see another popup asking you to Select Country & Language.
- Finally, click OK to proceed with firmware installation.
- When the firmware flashing is done and your G2 boots up, do not forget to perform a factory reset. To do it, press and hold the Volume Down+Power buttons until you see the phone’s screen.