The latest iPads are the best tablets Apple has ever made, of course. But now they are also highly advertised as fully-fledged computers and the maker wants you to think they can do everything. Do they really? We grabbed the latest iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) to find out just that.
It’s been three years since. And so much has changed since then. The design is brand new, the screens grew bigger, the bezels got smaller. The quad speakers also got better, the performance is through the roof these days, and there is even a new generation of Apple pencil. And Lightning begone! Now the iPads boast USB-C ports, how about that?
The 120Hz refresh rate, an upgrade to the already available 120Hz touch input, is probably one of the most anticipated additions, especially if you are a gamer. But believe it or not, the camera also got a massive boost. The rear one supports Smart HDR, while the front one can do Face ID and portraits. On a tablet!
With the addition of the Face ID and because of the shrunken screen bezels, the Touch ID sensor had to go. There is a silver lining though – there is no notch!
But what we really wanted to see since the dawn of the iPads was for Apple to bridge the gap between macOS and iOS. And that’s what we are hoping to witness with this praised new generation of iPads – the tablet to evolve into a computer.
- Body: Aluminum unibody, scratch-resistant screen glass, oleophobic and antireflective coating
- Screen: 12.9″ IPS CLD of 2048 x 2732 px resolution, 264ppi. 120Hz refresh rate and touch sensing, wide color gamut, True Tone support
- OS: Apple iOS 12
- Chipset: Apple A12 Bionic chip (7nm) – Hexa-core 2.49GHz (2x Vortex + 4x Tempest) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 4-core Apple NPU 2-gen
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 64/256/512GB of internal storage
- Memory v2: 6GB of RAM; 1TB of internal storage
- Camera: 12MP camera with wide-angle F/1.8 lens, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color gamut capture
- Video recording: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120fps video recording, [email protected]
- Selfie: 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, [email protected]/60fps video, digital video stabilization, depth detection for Portrait mode and animoji
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE (1 Gbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC (Apple, NFC tag reading)
- Battery: 9,720 mAh battery, USB-C-PD charging
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, 4 speakers
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct