My Phone works but screen is black, this may be your question also that i will try to answer in this post. so if you have blank / black screen problem in your Smartphone or you are working as a Smartphone technician, this post may help you to understand and fix black screen problem.
- 1 Why some phone shows black screen?
- 2 1- Black screen fault due to system failure:
- 3 2- Black screen problem due to disconnection
- 4 3- Black screen due to damaged display unit
Why some phone shows black screen?
If a Smartphone stuck on black screen (Nothing on screen but phone is able to receive calls and messages) Blank / Black screen fault in a Smartphone can be appear due to many reasons but some of them will be describe below.
- System failure (System problems / errors that affect the display of your phone).
- Disconnection between board and display.
- Damaged display unit / Screen.
I will try to write some details about these three reasons one by one, you should read all or any of them which you think most relevant to your problem. but if you are cellphone technician then i will suggest you to read all post because, different type of reasons we facing on different phones.
1- Black screen fault due to system failure:
Black Screen Fault on a Smartphone Due to System Failure: If the phone works just like usual. It still can receive calls, messages, chats or any notifications, but the screen is black / blank maybe that’s caused by some system problems / errors that affect the display of your phone.
We noticed in some phones with black / blank screen faults, sometime if any system or installed application goes crashed due incompatibility or any other reason then it can be a cause of black screen fault on a Smartphone.
Fix blank / black screen problem due to system failure?
Here are some solutions that might help based on my experiences: Remove protector and check the screen is it normal or broken. if screen is broken then it should be replaced with working display unit to fix black screen fault, if it looks normal then follow the steps below to fix blank / black screen fault on your phone.
1. If you have a phone with remove able battery, remove battery from your phone and wait 15-20 seconds, then insert battery into phone and try to power on.
2. If you have a phone with non-remove able battery, you will need to reset power of your smartphone using buttons combination. some devices come with a little hidden reset button that can be pressed using a needle, but most of devices with non-remove able battery can be power reset using button combinations, you can see different methods for different brands below.
If you have a Samsung phone you may need to press and hold [VOL-] + [Home] + [Power Button] at same time for 15-20 seconds.
Watch video how to fix black screen urdu / hindi?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S9/ Note 8 Force Restart
In new Samsung devices like Samsung S8, S9, Note8, Note9 you need to press and hold [VOL-] + [Bixbay Button] + [Power Button] at same time for 15-20 seconds to fource reboot your Samsung.
Force Restart iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
If you have Apple iPhone 6s or lower model then you can reset power of your iPhone by holding down Home button and Power button for 10 – 20 seconds it will reset power (Just like we remove battery and insert into phone again) of your iPhone.
Force Restart iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
To force restart your iPhone 7 / 7 Plus you need to hold Volume down and Side Switch (Power button) until apple logo appears on screen.
Force Restart iPhone X / XS
If you have iPhone 8 / 8 Plus / X / XS / X Max and you want to force restart you iPhone you will need to Press and release VOL + then Press and Release VOL – Then Press and hold Side button until you see apple logo appears on screen.
If you still unable to reboot phone then you can wait until your phone batteries are dead, then recharge and restart the phone.
3. Black or Blank screen can be fixed also by installing fresh OS, you can see more posts related to flashing firmware here. it tested on some chines phones like QMobile, Huawei, Oppo, Micromax etc, but you should always make an OS and userdata backup before starting.
Note: If above solution don’t work for you please go to service center to fix the problem. If you continue we assume that you are a cellphone technician or you have computer and electronics experience, then continue at your own risk.
You may also like
Flash / upgrade tutorials for different phones
2- Black screen problem due to disconnection
Black screen problem due to disconnection board and display unit / screen can be found when display unit and board connection lost due some reasons like dust in connector, open connector due to falling down and due to damaged connectors on board or lcd flex. because most of Smartphone comes with fix battery and hard to open, you should check and understand what you are going to do before opening phone.
How to fix black screen problem due to disconnection?
To fix black screen fault due to disconnection in display connectors we need to open phone, so be very careful because smartphone disassembly in little bit risky and tough. always disconnect battery first after opening your phone, then start your work.
Open your phone and check LCD connector it may be dusty or opened, clean dusty LCD connector using CTC, MBC or whatever you are using to clean smartphone boards. I suggest you to use Falcon 530 motherboard cleaning spray.
Check all points of both connector using magnifying glass and resolder if you see any open point due to any reason. then reassemble your cellphone, it may be ok now.
3- Black screen due to damaged display unit
This part is not very simple as we think, i used damaged display unit term that can cover all problems from display unit / LCD. I will try to write some conditions hat can cause of black screen problem on a smartphone.
1. Broken display unit, that is very simple to understand if LCD unit is broken from front but sometimes display units break glass from back corner that not visible from front investigate the display unit carefully, remove protector from screen if you feel any difficulty, if found any breakage then replace it with new one.
2. Liquid damaged display unit, this is little bit hard to understand when liquid gone dry, but if you have experience before then you will easily understand liquid damaged display. You can try to clean and dry if it works then good if not then tou need to replace display unit to confirm.
If this post helps you, please support us by following us on youtube, social media and via email on this site. All the best bye bye!